Career acceleration courses | Impact Academy
Haven’t secured your dream job in environmental or social impact yet? Here’s why.
We surveyed hiring managers at leading impact-focused global organisations. Over 80% said that the majority of candidates lack one important quality – they don’t know how to make sure an impact-focused project delivers the desired results by adapting it to a local context.
In response to this, we developed Impact Academy, a set of career accelerator programs for those looking to work in global sustainable development. We deliver these programs in partnership with leading institutions of higher education.
Impact Academy program structure
Choose one of eight subject areas:
- Climate Crisis and Clean Energy
- Environmental and Corporate Sustainability
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Conservation.
- Education for Development
- Global Public Health
- Social Economic Development
- Human Rights and Access to Justice.
Complete eight online courses completed over 2, 8 or 16 weeks.
Choose optional fieldwork of 2 or 4 weeks in the US, Costa Rica, Fiji, Ghana, Peru, South Africa or Thailand.
Earn a certificate from the higher education institute of your choice.
Impact Academy career support services
Each Impact Academy program includes career support services for up to 12 months after the completion of the program. These services include:
- a career success guarantee
- two half-an-hour career coaching sessions
- access to maps of career paths in social and environmental impact
- feedback on your resume, personal brand and digital profile
- access to a jobs board featuring thousands of vacancies in social and environmental impact from around the world
- assistance with your job search strategy
- feedback on your job applications and cover letters
- sessions that teach you interviewing techniques
- webinars with recruiters in who have hired professionals to fill sustainable development roles
- insights unique to careers in sustainable development.
Book a free career coaching session
If you’re interested in joining an Impact Academy program you can apply for a free career coaching session.
Either submit an enquiry or visit an educational institution that appeals to you below and submit an application on their site.
Ready to apply? You can either:
1. submit an enquiry on the GVI site. Be sure to let us know through which educational institution you’d like to complete your Impact Academy program.
2. or select the educational institution through which you’d like to complete your Impact Academy program. Then submit an application on their site.
Offer Impact Academy to your students
Are you a decision-maker at an institution of higher learning? Want to add Impact Academy programs to your organisation’s portfolio of educational offerings? Give us a call on 1 888 653 6028, complete the contact form here or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Below you’ll find our current list of Impact Academy partners.
CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY
To learn more about the training and experience that is being offered on the Case Western Reserve University Impact Academy programs, visit the site.
Download our program brochures