GVI Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
GVI has a Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy that is implemented throughout the organisation, across all departments and on each GVI program. As part of the policy, participants and staff will be required to complete a DBS check, Police Clearance, or a National Background Check where necessary, and to comply by the policy.
We support the ChildSafe Movement, a global movement protecting children and youth around the world. GVI Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy aims to ensure that the actions of any person in the context of the work carried out by Global Vision International are transparent and safeguard and promote the welfare of all children and vulnerable adults associated with the organisation. The Policy provides guidance on appropriate standards, including reducing any opportunities for abuse, harm or bullying, staff and volunteer recruitment and training, behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults, professional boundaries, ethical behaviour, acceptable and unacceptable relationships, how to avoid or better manage difficult situations and how to report suspicions, allegations or incidents.
The aim of the GVI Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy is to promote good practice:
• providing children and vulnerable adults with appropriate safety and protection whilst in the care of GVI
• allow and helping all staff and volunteers to make informed and confident responses to specific child and vulnerable adults protection issues.
GVI has a responsibility to ensure to make provision for children, young people and vulnerable adults
and must ensure that:
• the welfare of the child, young person or vulnerable adult is paramount
• all children and vulnerable adults, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin
religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse
• the rights, wishes and feelings of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and their families are
respected and listened to
• all suspicions and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly
Download our program brochures