WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO
Since we opened our doors in 1997 GVI has spent over 65% of all funds directly on our projects. It is our mission to support field operations in the long term. Rather than abandon programs that recruit fewer volunteers we strategically invest from our fully staffed sites to help maintain our presence across the globe.
The remaining 35% that is not directly invested in our programs covers the cost of volunteer recruitment, the operations of our head offices, and the support of projects indirectly through the GVI Charitable Trust. Our offices are of vital importance to ensure the safety and well-being of all our volunteers and our charity is an essential tool for providing financial support to our ongoing efforts.
Be sure to have a look at this interesting blog article about Why You Should Pay To Volunteer Abroad.
Here’s a list of where most of our participant fees go:
- Over 100 fully funded, long term volunteer projects globally
- Over 200 staff worldwide
- A senior staff member for each country of operation to ensure continuity in the project implementation, direction and impact
- An experienced operations team on hand to manage development, issues and emergencies for each region
- Review and improvement of our protocols and procedures for volunteer support, training, and health and safety issues
- Implementation of health and safety procedures including medical kits, fire extinguishers, communication channels and transportation
- Emergency operation funding in times of low recruitment
- Field staff costs, including recruitment, training, development and accommodation
- Food and accommodation for our volunteers
- Orientation and training for our volunteers
- Project equipment including vehicles, boats, utensils for schools, building materials and more
- General operating expenses like gas for vehicles, volunteer transfers, included excursions and travel
- Administration and marketing costs
Choose from our selection of brochures